Thursday, May 7, 2009

Long days... even longer nights.

A thrilling conclusion to a semester I must say.



Studying for finals is a new experience... considering how much I've been studying. I think I have studied more this semester than the rest of my life combined twice over. 5 hour study streaks are a new if not inevitable experience for me.



I have found the miracle of Red Bull... in the US this seemingly innocuous drink is a real kick in the balls that wakes people up. You have not had Red Bull till you've had it in the States. There's also this drink called 6-hour Power which really is... 6-hour power. Drinking one of those little bottles of energy keeps you up and going for quite some time!



As you might imagine, finals are just around the corner... tomorrow really (oh crap!). I should be studying, but of course procrastinating is fun too! (even though the exam is in... 12 hours?).

__________________________________



It's been a fairly interesting 2009 for me so far. Spending a year away from home is an experience that I would like to never repeat again. All the food I'm missing is going to kill me someday. I tide myself over with homemade concoctions of bakuteh (only once so far), chicken rice (oh the horror of cleaning the rice cooker...), and nasi lemak (malay girls for friends = win), but nothing will beat fulfilling a craving for food by driving 10 minutes. I'm sure you'll see me out at night more often than before!


Nothing compares to missing the people that I was so used to seeing back home though. Life-long friends always meet up as if there was never a pause between seeing each other. I think I've been pretty lucky in getting more of those friends here in the States.


No comments: