Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chicagooooooooo...!

Well it's near the end of spring break, and here I am in the Ramada Inn somewhere near Chicago, tapping away at my experiences in this extremely huuuuuge city.

Spring break started like any other day really, with us hanging around doing nothing, chatting away and thinking of things to do. I spent saturday through wednesday in Navvin's room, living there because I got kicked out by my dorm. We didn't really do much... we rented a minivan for the week, which was really cool. With transport we could actually drive around and do alot more stuff. We went to eat things in places that were hard to reach, and man is there alot more variety out there!

Early Thursday morning, at like freaking 5AM, I woke up to get ready for the big trip down to Chicago. Busyness reigned, and everyone scurried about packing, cleaning up, and just plain getting ready. We drove 4 hours out of Indiana and ended up in the busy town, lost but excited. The street naming and direction system in the United States is actually really cool and easy to follow... but there are hundreds of streets and avenues to go to, which makes it really hard. Chicago is like... 10 times bigger than KL. And I was driving. Mmmmm...

Anyway, we checked into the hotel (finally) called Red Roof Inn. It wasn't really a very good hotel, but we had to do with what we have. The hotel I'm in right now is way better. So for the first day, we walked around trying to shop for stuff. Unfortunately everything was expensive and 'fasionable' so we couldn't really find anything to buy. We spent the entire day just walking around trying to find our way.

I saw this huge-ass McD's though. It was massive... it had 15 flat screen TV's all over the place, bellowing propaganda for McDonalds 24 hours a day. There were cars everywhere, EVERYWHERE. There was no space to park, just enough space to walk, and thank god it was cold. Probably would have died suffocating in the smog.

Spring break down here in Chicago has been really really busy!
  • Drove through a real American city.
  • Had my first glass of champange.
  • Saw many cute little doggies!
  • Enjoyed the night as only gentlemen could enjoy it.
  • Met a very interesting Kitty.
  • Went to a Navy Pier.
  • Walked. For hours.
  • Drove. For hours.
  • Shopped. For hours.
  • Almost killed us all driving on the wrong side of the road.
  • Bought many, many things.
  • Finally got the hat of my dreams. Almost.
  • I spent way too much money. (600+!!!!)
I think I'll be starving myself for the next few months. Maybe. Need to save money. =(. Holidays are expensive ventures.

All in all, I think this trip was very much enjoyable and worth it, tho it does suck that the break is only one week. It feels all too short. Oh well. Life is short, and we must live it as best we can. :D

No comments: