Saturday, March 1, 2008

The previous post never really did justice to how much I miss my little lady back home... hehe. There's just some days when I just can't seem to write I suppose. But I really do miss doing those little things that I would do for her.

There's just a certain joy that can be found with the people you truly love. There's just that little thing that makes you smile, those little things that you will forever remember as the defining features of the love you have. Sometimes I walk home, and I find that I am smiling because of the simple joy of doing things with her. I don't know, it's hard to explain, but it's just a simple, wonderful kind of feeling. It's especially impact-ful because it's just so simple.

So it's just a little anti-climatic that I wouldn't be able to do much for her birthday. There were so many things that I've done for her, that were quite long ago that I just can't remember right now because it's been so long since I've done them. I remember things like the fireball, the cards, the ring, and all of them were really fun things because they were so simple.

Everyone's always worried about the complicated things, about those big-ass problems that everyone's faces are pushed into. I worry about the smallest things sometimes, but I know that both big and small things are the important things. Why else would I bother to make sure that every day is something special? Why else would I consider each moment important? Even though I might not be the best at conveying the feeling that I am enjoying the moment with her, I think maybe, in a way, she knows. I certainly hope so.

What do you do?

No comments: