Saturday, April 26, 2008

Inspiration.

There comes a time - many a time really - where a person just has to get his thoughts down. His mind is just so busy doing stuff that sleep comes hard.
_____________

I thought about this awhile back, but I forgot to write about it. There are lots of times when I wish I could take a photo of people. Friends, family, pets, strangers, everyone deserves a good candid picture of themselves. Sometimes I see couples on the bus just snoozing, and it occurs to me that this could be a wonderful picture. Those moments where things are just right, when the time is good and the environment is peaceful. I just feel like saying 'look around and smile!', snapping a snazzy photo to send to their email.
_____________

Religion is always a strange thing to me. I never liked the idea of getting into an organized religion because to me, I don't need those rituals and chants and scripture to believe in something. I believe in making your own destiny, grasping your own life and shaking it thoroughly. I admit that yes, God might be out there looking down on everyone, but yet I also say that I am not a believer in God.

I will not mention whatever 'scientific' explanation out there; that is a question better left to philosophists. I am just a simple man. I know that I'm out here on my own because I choose to, and because I can survive on my own. Maybe to others, it would seem as if God were in me all the time, guiding my life without me knowing it. Who cares really? =P

I am not insulting religion in any way. I am definitely not diminishing a person's faith. They can live their lives the way they want to. Sometimes though, I surprise myself by being able to provide inspiration through explaining things in God's point of view. I am not a believer, but I just know what to say. In saying those words, I guess I put a little belief in them and send that belief to the receiver. It's as if just for those words, I really did believe in God. That would be kind of funny wouldn't it?

Words are powerful things though. Through words one can truly inspire and make known a feeling. Through words I can explain a little bit about life. Through words I can make people feel better. Nothing makes me happier than to put a smile back on people's faces (aside from smiling with them of course ;)). Words have always been one of my strong points... it's just the time and place that need some tweaking.

Shall I send you a gift of belief?

No comments: