Saturday, April 26, 2008

Peace.

Almost all my work is done! At long last. Now I just need to face the final examinations with a brave face and a lopsided grin. It's always been my habit to go in with full confidence that things are going to be all right. I suppose the confidence helps my brain switch to exam mode!

Spring's about over, quick as it is, and summer is coming on real soon. The temperature has been steadily zooming up for the past few weeks. Haven't done much in terms of crazy shit I suppose. Somehow it just doesn't feel like I'm doing anything substantial right now... all the major projects are over (except 2 really, but they're due later!), I'm going out to help my friends with their studies, and classes are essentially done with.

It's been an eventful first semester, and the details are all back in previous posts. People who are far away are having problems of their own, dealing with it on their own as best they can. I guess life just keeps piling on responsibilities and hardships when we're not looking..

We must always remember though that there really are good things in life. Everyday suffering can always make us feel down because it happens everyday. Our joys in life are few and far in between sometimes, but we must always keep in mind that they have happened, they do happen, and they always will happen. That is the miracle of life; joy happens once in awhile if you would just wait for it.

It's human nature to focus on the sufferings of life. Everyone suffers in one way or another. Everyone thinks their own suffering is the most important one to consider. Humans are self-centered; they think about themselves more than others, emphasizing that their suffering is the worst, that they suffer the most.

Life sucks, deal with it.

What else can you do? Even though we can't do anything about suffering, we complain. I enjoy complaining really. To me, it's a way of dealing with it. I throw out my suffering in front of me and consciously know that it is just suffering. I line it out to myself, that shit I am suffering in this way. Then it makes it alot easier to deal with in a more productive manner.

If all else fails, it's always good to keep in mind that yes, suffering sucks, but we have our own little joys here and there. We have great friends, a sound mind, a working body, money to do stuff, opportunity to live. I could gripe all day about the shit that is happening to me, but why not just let things be? Life goes on no matter how much you go nuts about problems.

Life goes on. It really does!

No comments: