Friday, January 11, 2008

Different times.

Whew. A good day has gone by. Finished my classes with little mishap, and went to an InterVarsity (IV) thing. It's sort of a Christian get-together worship kinda thing... I went for the people, not to find God ;).

It was interesting, met some new people and talked to a few of them. Had a silly little photo-scavenger hunt. It's still really tough for me to talk to strangers. I can't seem to find anything to talk about, which is really annoying. I hope in time I will come to talk more and make myself a little more interesting.
_______________________________________

What's the best feeling in life? Love? Happiness? Joy? Power? Friendship? Acceptance, that's what I think. When you can accept that things are 'like that', you find that you become content with life. Once you're content, you can see those things in a more removed light. I know I'm clumsy, so if I trip and fall, I laugh at myself. Why get embarrassed? Things like this happens. That's the way life is.

Can you accept yourself for who you are?
_______________________________________

I miss home. I miss my friends, my family, my bed, my blanket, my bolster (they don't have it here!), my dog (I see lotsa dogs around here), my life, the food, and especially my little lady. She's a brave little soul, patiently slugging it out with life while I'm away. Everything else can take care of themselves. Friends and family have their own life. My dog is taken care of because he's cute and naughty. But her... I'm just worried as any good man would be worried about his partner.

One gets to know another pretty well when enough time has passes. One will always remember the little things that one can/must watch over for the other. Is she eating well? Is she going out to enjoy herself once in awhile? Is she getting along okay? Everytime I see the silver glint of the ring on my finger, I am reminded of my motivation to do things quickly and come home, to do well and do it quickly to come home proud.
_____________________________________

I haven't really made any friends here. It's a whole new place, and I just can't help but feel that the people I talk to (most of them) don't really want to talk back. Might just be me, or the culture, but it doesn't help one bit knowing that. Back home, strangers become friends really quickly, or so I like to belive. Here... well, maybe it's just too soon.

I'm just a naive little guy lost in the big, big world.

No comments: