Sunday, January 20, 2008

Grey Goose... woo!

Hello everyone! I've been drinking a bit, so my fingers feel so free-flowish and fun. I'm not high, just a little tipsy. Today was a pretty fun day, though I do feel a little guilty from spending so much money again:

I woke up at 9.30 to get ready to go out with my Malaysian friends to Whitehall and Wal-Mart. It was a really cold morning, what with -15 celsius and chilling winds. I waited for Raof, and got a sandwich to eat on the way. Eating with my bare fingers without a hat was my first mistake. It. Was. Cold. Really. I couldn't feel my ears for 15 minutes after I put my hat on.

We took a cab to a place called Campus Auto Rental, and rented a car for about two days. A good decision! The car was $10 a person, with insurance, so it was a pretty decent deal. Considering the distance we traveled. All the cars here are at least 2.0. AT LEAST. A 2.0 in America is like a 3.5 in Malaysia: Extremely rare. Normally the cars here are 3.0 liter engines. How freaking awesome is that? You get to drive a really fast car for cheap! Boo to Malaysia's boring old Kancils. The car we got was like worth $3000. RM10,000. What the hell, you can get a 2.4 car for the downpayment of a Malaysian car.

We first went to Wal-Mart, one of the superstores of the United States. I bought lots of stuff worth about $250. RM800 in one day, wow! Well that wouldn't be the end of it; at least I bought nice stuff, like a rice cooker, speakers (music!), tupperware, a fridge... I feel so independant! Hahah.

I bought 2 pairs of shoes in Whitehall after that. Two pairs of beeeutiful Nike shoes. One for basketball, and one for cross-training. I like playing basketball very much, and I was a bit ashamed of myself for playing barefoot in a recent match at the recreation center. Yes, I was freaking barefoot while in a nice shiny indoor court. I just had to buy them. Really.

After that, we went to celebrate another Malaysian's birthday. A girl named Kaphana. During that time, I guess I made new Malaysian friends by talking more (yay for me!). We had dinner at a restaurant called Red Lobster. The food was pretty good, though expensive. The dish I especially loved was the Tequila-thingy Shrimp. God those were so awesome. Although they're not as good as butter prawns in Malaysia, but it was pretty close.

After dinner, we went to the Big Red liquor store to buy booze for the birthday girl's party. Being 21, I was the one sent to brave the world of alcohol. Have I told you of the wonders of America? The alcohol store here is big. B-I-G. There is alcohol everywhere, for prices lower than even Langkawi. W T F. Wonder! I bought some Grey Goose for myself, and a bottle of Absolut Citron for the birthday girl, awesome shit that.

We went to her house to have a nice conversation as well as give her a cake. It was pretty fun! Gave her a nice decorated glass box with the bottle of Vodka in it. WOW. So we chatted, ate and drank a little (really little). I found a new favourite! Bacardi Apple. That stuff is really nice to me, because I like apple. Anyway, we chatted and all that and enjoyed some interesting conversation.

At 12AM we got up, and brought a cake to her. She was so shocked (and would later thank us for the great surprise; it was the best birthday she ever had) that she had a really big smile. Later, we sprayed her with whipped cream, and all of us got some in turn.

I shall stop typing because all of you think I'm super high. I'm not. -_-.

Have a good day!

No comments: