Friday, January 25, 2008

On cooking, and life.

I just used my rice cooker for the first time!

...and I failed.

Pfft. I thought I'd just put 1/4 of a cup of rice just for me, with like 2 big cups of water. It looked right, but apparantly I was wrong. First timer, yes, but still. All I got was one measly scoop of rice. 1. ONE. Uno. Satu. Yi. Yat. That's like 6 table spoons worth. Probably less. To top it all off, the rice cooker kept bubbling over. Probably because of the huge amount of water I put... mmm... and the rice was all squishy; not so bad, but expected rice instead of porridge.

I fried up a mean helping of Spam though. It was freaking nice, that. Spam. Mmmm... pork. Just like home ;). I used way too much oil though. I had to pour the oil back into a little tupperware to save it for the next time... economical, you know.
_________________________

It's a dull life here in IUB so far. Went to a party to meet some people, was a small birthday and I drank a little too much. Yay for me. I did get to enjoy a bit of the night life here, and I must admit that it is really cool... very different from Malaysia's clubs. Here it's more like house party galore.
_________________________

The nights here are just beautiful though... I can see the stars through clear skies, and the full moon shines cheerily from its lofty seat. On the walks home at night, I stop and look up, staring at the sky. The clouds zip past as the wind blows them past the white surface of the moon. Stars are twinkling pretty brightly, saying hello to the world down below. All you can hear is the breeze amongst the barren trees (it is winter). I wonder how it'd be like when the leaves are out again...

... and I dash right home, because it's freaking cold. So much for enjoying my time with nature.
_________________________

Today my little lady finally got her internet!!!1111oneoneoneexclamationmark. I felt so happy, being able to chat with her again... wonderful joy.

I shall not make you turn your eyes away in disgust as I enjoy my source of happiness.

But you already read it. Muahahaahhahaha.

How are you doin'?

No comments: