Saturday, January 12, 2008

I'm 21...! part 2

It's interesting to see how removed I am from most of life. I've never really felt involved in much. I'm always the guy who's watching from afar, the one who wants in but no one really wants him in. Events may happen, and all I feel is indifference. I don't feel the passion others feel. I don't feel connected to the event. I give really decent advice, really. I have some experience in certain matters. No one really consults me though.

I feel left out.

Perhaps this is life's way of making it fair for all of us: I live a relatively uneventful life, a very good one at that. The trade-off is that the life I live is... uneventful. There are no major fights that happen to me, no break-ups and tearful separations (amen to that), no bitching at each other in anger. I don't even... understand (?) how people can become so heated in a simple conversation. A few times in my life, people have fought around me, and all I can feel is just an observant curiousity.

I walk amongst people, alone and unnoticed. I listen in on people's conversations, primarily because they don't care who can hear them. It's really interesting to hear things candidly. However, it sort of points out that I am the one outside listening in. The party's inside and it is rowdy. Things are happening, but I'm just looking through the window. Why is it that way?
Perhaps, as I said, this is life's way of making a balance of people: There are those who are living totally fucked up, packed-with-events lives; and there are those who live uneventful lives which are fulfilling but slow.

In the end, I think my life suits me just fine. I wouldn't give up my great family, my wonderful friends, and my loving little lady for excitement.

What would you prefer?

No comments: