Saturday, January 5, 2008

AHHHH

This was supposed to be posted earlier... like 2 days ago? But the net wasn't working in my dorm. Apparantly it's working now!
_________________________________________

Went to see some places in IU, walked all over the bloody place (more on this later).

Well... I'm in my new dorm room people! My new 'home'. My own little 'crib'. Something I'll be staying in for at least 4 months. Yay for me? A quaint little affair, with a shared bathroom (god knows who just yet!) and a little closet of my own. A bed, two lights, a desk, a chest of drawers, up on the 10th floor. At least I get a scenic view ^^

Today was a pretty hectic day, what it being orientation day and all. Lots and lots of walking to do =(. Seriously, the campus is just too fucking huge. I have to walk 3 kilometers today. AT LEAST. The other day I walked with my dad to the College Mall... 3-4 miles of walking. That's like freaking 6 KILO-FUKIN-METERS. After that we had to walk back. And walk to eat. Walk to sleep. Walk to whatever. Goddamn.

Rushed to the Residence and P-somethingorother Service center (10 minutes of walking) to find out where I'd live for the semester... yes, you heard me.

I DIDNT HAVE A PLACE TO STAY. WEE FOR ME.

So it seems I applied for the wrong fucking semester. WHAT THE FUCK? At least I got a dorm downright quick. I'm still peeved at the annoyance caused.

I had another 15 minutes to get back to the hall, which was about oh, 15 fucking minutes of walking fast to reach my appointment time? Oh yes! The temperature outside was a nice, bone-warming 0 degrees. Farhenheit. That is -15 degrees Celsius muthafuckas! That's right! Air-cond fearing Leon is freaking walking through SNOWY and ICY and WINDY BLOOMINGTON INDIANA PEOPLE! WOOHOO. (cue Christmas tune: Let it snow let it snow let it snow... FUK THAT SHIT).

So anyway, orientation: Had to listen to these people talk about the new educational experience I was about to embark on. Lots of stuff, eugh. Had to go to the hall to scan in my documents, which in the end didn't scan so I had to wait another 20 minutes for the machines to work... least the staff were a friendly bunch. Americans here are nice. Weather sucks.

I was so bundled up in clothes. I had to wear long johns, pants, shirts, a pair of thermal pants (JON SIZE. Woot.) and a thick thick jacket. I had a snowcap on, my jacket's hood up, thick WINTERSPORTS gloves, the works. My jacket weighs 5 kilos, don't pray pray! BUt I had nothing to cover my face. So... 10 minutes of walking and hey, presto! You could perform plastic surgery on my face and I wouldn't feel a thing. My blood would freeze quick tho.

I had to take an English placement test, which had an essay and then listening and reading comprehension part. Essay: Fucked. Comprehension: Weakshauce. All in a day's work, I guess. I then had to *walk* to a place called Eigenmann Residence Hall... 15 minutes of walking, to get my picture taken for a new university ID card! Woohoo!

After that, again, I walked (what else) BACK to a hall not 2 minutes away from where I was EARLIER IN THE DAY. I had to listen to another lecture on what to do for the rest of the orientation week (lots of stuff, I told you). After that lecture, ANOTHER test... before starting school! What the hell! -_-... this time it was... dun dun dunnnnn... MATHS. Good game lah, I knew I wasn't going to make it. Sure enough, 10 questions into the 26 question paper, my mind went blank... numbers and graphs just turned into squiggles in front of my eyes.

I actually took my shoes off at one point while I sat down. My shoes have like no air circulation so all the sweat is just making my feet feel funny. I took off my shoes, put them down and watched in surprise and shock...

My shoes were smoking. Seriously.

Frikkin... STEAM was coming out of my shoes... what the hell? That is how cold the place was. Steam. From. My. Shoe. Wee!

And after that, I found some Malaysian friends from college, Raof and Athiya. A sight for sore eyes, we then planned to go shopping for stuff for our (Raof and I) dorms. They didn't supply pillows or sheets or blankets (for possibly hygienic reasons). My dorm is situated at one far end of the campus, so if I had to reach the other side... poor feet. So I walked to the place my dad was staying to dump all my shit (6-9 kgs of stuff in my backpack, lugged around while I walked the whole day). After that, walked to another Malaysian friend's house, Sarveen and Narvvin. Fun people.

Raof, Navvin and I took a cab to College Mall - a sad little mall by Malaysian standards; only 1 story! - to buy stuff at Target.

Christ the food here is expensive. One meal costs 10 bucks... USD. So if I ate three meals a day, I would have enough money to buy a freakin air-con back home in like a month. The thing is, I only eat one meal a day here... I don't know why. Maybe it's the cold? Hohoho. How the hell did Santa get fat then?

My trip to Indiana has been one fuckup after another. Seriously. My I-20 was corrected and sent twice. My visa needed more documents. My housing application was fucked up. My tests were screwed (ehh, that's okay). When I got here the place was cold - coldest day of the year, fucking hell what the fuck are the chances of that? My freaking laptop can't access Indiana University websites and I'm right beside their servers. My freaking dorm won't let me go online because I'm using Windows with Service Pack 2. WHAT THE FUCK MAN!? GIVE ME A BREAK!

Life sucks, deal with it. That's been a motto going on in my head since a long long time... but now, I'm feeling a liiiittle tired of this shit man. Just a teensy little bit. -_-

No comments: